Healthful snacks to pack on a road tripJune 27, 2017
Snack ideas for after-school sports (from parents living in the trenches)September 5, 2017
If you are looking for a bright summer salad that is perfect for a backyard BBQ but that also doubles for a work-day lunch, you are going to love this recipe for bean salad! But this is not-your-grandma’s bean salad! It has a special surprise ingredient! AND…you can make this recipe in under 5 minutes! Enjoy!
Not your grandma's bean salad
Author: Energize Nutrition
- 1 - 19 ounce can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 12 ounce bag of fresh green beans (or just fresh beans!), cooked
- 1 cup snap peas, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jar red pepper jelly (you can find in the deli section of your grocery store)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all ingredients! Enjoy!
I recently brought this salad to a BBQ – and it was a hit! It was served with BBQ salmon and roasted potatoes. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!