Carrot Pineapple Sunshine MuffinsDecember 21, 2016
How to create your own Buddha BowlDecember 21, 2016
Vegetables are an important staple in the Mediterranean Diet, providing valuable nutrients, antioxidants and satiety.
The vegetables chosen for this salad are typical in the Mediterranean Diet – but you can use what you have on hand. This salad will last up to a few days. Enjoy!
Fresh Mediterranean Kitchen Sink Salad
Author: Energize Nutrition
Recipe type: Salad, Vegetables
- 1 can (19 ounces) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 apple, diced
- sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, mix together first 9 ingredients.
- Season salad with sea salt.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon over salad, then drizzle over extra-virgin olive oil. Toss and enjoy!